Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hardrive never saves settings

• Please log in to reply

stokie.dan

stokie.dan

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
hello,

ok everytime i boot up the hardrive settings come up, its a second hand laptop so i dont know why it does it, its really annoying having to change the time and date and things like that, i do that, it says click F10 to save and exit settings, i do that and im on, but the next time i boot up the same happens!!! why cant i just turn it on and just load up normally? any help please?

the laptop is an advent 7095
intel celeron m 1.30GHz
256mb
40gb hardrive
cheers.

Edited by stokie.dan, 08 May 2008 - 10:38 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Bios battery is shot from the sound of it... Not the regular battery.... it's usually inside and not normally replaceable by the end user.

stokie.dan

stokie.dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
what do you recommend i should do mate?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
WEll if you are comfortable taking a laptop apart you could pull it and see if you can find a replacement otherwise the only other choice is take it somewhere and see if they can replace it for you or you can just learn to live with it...