pop-ups, viruses, trojans, SPYWARE!
Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:57 PM
Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:24 PM
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
- Spybot Search & Destroy - Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
- AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
- SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
- SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
- IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
- CleanUP! - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
- Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
- Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
- Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:30 AM
Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:47 AM
Im sick and tierd if getting hacked, pop-ups ext...
No virus' or trojans, never get hacked, and safari (browser for mac) has a great popup blocker
With the release of Tiger, apples new operating system OS X will be even farther ahead then 2 years ago when they released Panther and microsaoft was promising Longhorn in 2004
If you want something that will do the job and you don't have too wpry about it don't try to keep up with all the newest windosw virus/ becouse you can't stop them all
Why not apple?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users