Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot delete bad file

• Please log in to reply

Emerae

Emerae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I have this thing popup in my process list in my task manager. I know this file isn't anything I want. And if I close it out it comes back immediately. " bQQaFshM.exe" I've tried doing a search for it but it comes up nothing. I'm running AVG antivirus and Spybot but neither catches it as anything. If I try to delete it it says : "Cannot Delet FIle: Access is denied" This is after I finally get it to go away and disable the thing on startup (which in my msconfig startup list, it must be listed 20 times or more >_<) I've even tried booting up in safe mode and deleting it with the command prompt, I get the same thing "Access Denied" , I've run MoveOnBoot and that was no help either. I have been through many forums for hours trying to figure out a solution and I have tried everything, even the suggested "delete.bat" file and that did nothing either.

Also, in my registry the key to run it....I can delete it, but it comes back immediately as well. I am running Windows XP. I'm not really great at computer issues so you'll have to speak in small words ^___^ Any more info I need to give? The folder of evil that all this mess is in is "C:\Program Files\wtprxsup" PLEASE someone help me. THis is making me insane.

Advertisements

javiergil

javiergil

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Right Click on file then select on hidden option click ok
then try deliting it again

trendmicro.com try a free scan

Edited by javiergil, 27 April 2005 - 09:14 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You are infected with spyware...please visit the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top