Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Different "VIEWS" in Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Okay, the deal is this. I Right Click on START and left click on Explore. I have a folder that has some books in .pdf format. When I click on that folder, the various .pdf files are in the right hand window. If I click on small .... medium .... large .... or extra large ICONS Some of the files show a PICTURE of the cover and some of them don't. Is there some reason for this, that I'm not aware of? Is there some way that I can make ALL of the files show the picture of the cover? It would make it easier at a glance to see which one I'm looking for.

Any help is ALWAYS appreciated!

Thanks
dog

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If windows vista see's diagram, or pictures inside a document or folder it will show them in the iconview in explore. This is meant to help you locate certain files in the folders easier. This is a setting in folder view. Mine do not have pictures on the covers since i an using AERO. Mine show slightly open folders with pictures and documentsinserted like pages in the folder. I wonder id you are using classic view , or am using Windows Vista Basic.

SRX660

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I thought I should attach a screenshot so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

I am using Vista Basic View (I guess.....I didn't change anything since I got this machine). And my "problem" is that some of the pictures show up and some of them don't and I just don't know why.

Thanks for responding.

dog

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
All i can say about that is where there are pictures on the folder, in the file there are imbedded graphics to show those pictures.

Just like on some WAV, MP3 and Ogg files there can be imbedded pictures of the album covers.

look up embedding pictures in files and i think you will find your answer.

SRX660