Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Micro atx bulid speXCs

• Please log in to reply

utellme

utellme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
troy i see that you run unbuntu 7.10 is the hardware i am buying supported by it i have been looking for a linux os to run. if so can i portion my external hard drive to run it?

Edited by utellme, 22 May 2008 - 12:53 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You may be able to, Ubuntu can be configured to run on a wide variety of hardware components. I also have Ubuntu 8.04LTS on my notebook computer, and will be upgrading my desktop (7.10) soon.

As long as your external hard drive is connected when you wish to use Ubuntu, and is a bootable device, then yes you can partition a section of it for the Ubuntu installation.

Once the parts are all in, you can continue with Ubuntu in the Other Operating Systems section of this forum.

For now, let's just finish these components and get the build working!

Troy