Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer shutting down

• Please log in to reply

son_of_poker

son_of_poker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After logging on about 3 min later windows shuts down and comes to a dead end where it shows all my configurations. But right when it shuts down i can smell this burning smell so i end up shuting my computer off. When i restart and logg back on it says your computer has recover from a serous error. The eror sigature is BcCode:1000008e Bcpl:c0;0005 Bcp2:F3AE3680 Bcp3:F3AE3380
Bcp4:00000000 OsVer:5_1_2600 Sp:0_0 Product:256_1. My screen color has also been set very low. The first time this happend i was the internet playin (which is nothin new)poker online and the computer froze so i just shut it down. What should i do?

ps i disable promise ship and computer stopped responding slow when i would also click something on or off and i think that smell went a little down.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
heat can cause this...open her up and clean out the dust bunnies

a failing power supply can also cause this...that requires the ability to test though....no how to use a voltage meter?

son_of_poker

son_of_poker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ive never cleaned her out so i got to store and buy a air blower thing or something and to the votage meter thing ill try that later cause i dont have one and never used one. maybe my uncle has one hes a electrition.