Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black screen when switching user

• Please log in to reply

fuzzystone

fuzzystone

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

When I try, on Windows XP, to switch user (between 2 administrator accounts) going through run – close session – switch account (or something like this, my OS is not in English), I get a black screen from which I cannot exit without starting again my computer. If I close the first session before opening the second one, it’s OK. This problem came after installing SP3, but I cannot restore because the system tells me nothing has been changed.

Thank you for your help,
fuzzsytone

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi fuzzystone, welcome to G2G.

A similar problem reported here, though not related to SP3: http://techrepublic....ssageID=1689168

This sounds like a SP3 induced problem. Can you uninstall SP3 from Add or Remove Programs?

fuzzystone

fuzzystone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Ztrucker,
SP3 removed, problem gone!!
Thanks. :)
fuzzystone

fuzzystone

fuzzystone

• Topic Starter