Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GA-P35-DS3L front panel wireing?

• Please log in to reply

powerbuilder333

powerbuilder333

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
First time mobo installation.
Not happy with Gigabytes lack of documentation.
My friend bought a Intel board that came with a huge colored diagram. For my mobo I have a tiny little b@w diagram in a pamphlet.
#1 question: Where can I get a better diagram for my board? The GA-P35-DS3L is a popular board, so somebody somewhere must know how to wire it.

I can see where the POWER LED goes, (One green wire, and one black wire), but the 3 socket connector can fit equally well in either direction. Which is the correct direction? Lettering towards the front of the case, or the back of the case?
The same strand of wires has three 2 wire connectors. One is labeled "HDD" the other two have an "I" on them. These have black and red wires. Do I need to do anything with these?

I have firewire and a USB PCI expansion cards, so I can live without (for now) front side USB ports.

Now for the F_PANEL headers:
One strand of wires, blue and white labeled "RESET SW". I can guess that this is for the reset button. Do wires plug in horizontally? I think so, but I don't know if lettering on the connectors should face up towards the top of the case or down towards the bottom of the case?

I see a orange and black wired connector labeled "SPEAKER".
I'm now seeing that these connectors should be inserted horizontally - but still have know idea if the lettering should be up or down. If I'm forced to guess, I guess up?

That leaves the green and white wires labeled "POWER SW" I can guess where they go, but a hint of whether the lettering should face up or down would be appreciated.

Yup - I'm a noob - lol.
Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Front panel LEDS:

Also see the manual for how the panel is connections-wise, or download it from Gigabyte.
Switches matters not which way round they go, never mind what it says in the manual about positive and negative.
Lights need to be wired up correctly but if they're the wrong way round it doesn't hurt anything, they just don't come on. Turn them round if this happens.
Speaker - either way round, doesn't matter.

powerbuilder333

powerbuilder333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks. I appreciate your reply.