Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

strange webpage views in firefox

• Please log in to reply

pattirudi23

pattirudi23

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello, I hope I have put this in the right place...

I have been having trouble with adzgalore pop ups so decided to take your advice and ran the ATF cleaner, then the malware programme and thought I would see if that had done the trick before I posted a log for you helpful people to help me with...

Now, in Firefox, all the webpages are viewing strangely, a very basic view is the only way I can describe it. When I tried to log into gmail, it said it was taking too long and I could try using the https page, which viewed fine. I've never had this problem with gmail before today. This website is looking strange too. As is Facebook.

It may be that there's some simple setting I need to change that perhaps was altered when I ran one of the programs?

Would be grateful for your help with this!

Many thanks.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Try clearing the cache and then closing firefox and opening it again. To clear the cache: go to tools, options, advanced. There should be a section for cache. Click "clear". When it completes, close the browser and open it again. See if that helps. If it's what I think is happening, sometimes it may be the website and clears up after awhile.