Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Undeliverable Spam

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I need help blocking these spam emails.

They are from System Administrator and the subject is Undeliverale: blablabla (after the colon is always something different)

I have recipient filter enabled on my Exchange 2003 server but they are addressed to people here. How can I block these emails. Its currently taking up about 50% of all emails coming in.

I also have Trend Micro Mail Messaging Security

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
So after almost a full day of dealing with this, I have yet to find a solution that keeps my legitimate System Admin emails but deletes the spam ones. I did all the sender and recipient filtering and everything M$ could propose but my issue is, these are good email addresses that they are sending into. The spammers have verified some good email addresses at my company and are distributing them freely now.

My solution is to create a rule in Outlook on all the users PC just to delete the bad ones. Its not pretty but it works, and its easy enough to just email instructions on how to import a .rwz file I made. I have only tested it with one or two good system admin messages so this may need some tweaking but what Im finding right now thats working is these settings:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with 'undeliverable' or 'undelivered mail' or 'delivery failed' or 'delivery failure' or 'failure notice' or 'returned mail' or 'notification (failure)' in the subject
move it to the Deleted Items folder
except if the message header contains [email protected]

I hope this helps someone else but if someone knows of a better way I will be looking for a better solution to this issue.

Thanks. :)