Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Few XP errors

• Please log in to reply

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey,
I am having quite a few XP related errors since a virus outbreak and am in the middle of some projects/don't have an xp cd so i can't reformat. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Warning 1909 verify the shortcut exists.....'

'could not open key:UNKNOWn\lNETcTLS.lNET.1\CLSID verifiy you have sufficient access to that key'
When i try to install an Anti-cheat program.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i try to create a system restore point the page doesn't even load up.
The one time it did it was just white.

When i try to search the page doesnt load up properly

Posted Image

I can't install photoshop CS3 either it just says i need to register jscript.dll - I downloaded that dll replace it with the current one and that didnt work.

My OS is winXP any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What virus, how did you remove it? It's quite possible there are more infections on your computer, so go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I posted a hijackthis log only a short while ago (4days~)
In that forum and it was said to be clean.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
One cause of the 1909 error is messed up Windows File Associations.

Download Deckard's Association File Tool (DAFT) and save it to your desktop.

* Double click on it to run.
* Read the disclaimer and click OK.
* Click on the Scan button.
* If it finds faulty file associations, they will appear in red beside a checkbox. If this occurs, just place a checkmark (tick) in the boxes in question.
* Click the Fix button.

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks.
Ran that and it fixed two things.
Reg and something else, but i had never heard of it before.
All problems still happening though...

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Ztruker is indisposed so I will be helping you

try a repair on xp...lowdown is here...

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I don't have the windows CD, i bought it from pc world and they didn't give me one.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
borrow one from a friend or coworker...it has to be the same flavor...if you have xp home with service pack 2..it has to be the same

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok i'll have to buy one. Thanks.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thats a wasted $100.00...ask around ...somebody you know has one...

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I need to buy a new pc anyway though and having the disk would be a good use :}
I have the CD KEY on the side of my PC but need the disk..

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it would be great if you build a new system...if you buy a complete system it will have it already installed unless you get one with vista...then you could install xp to the new system and have a dual boot system

copperheadretro

copperheadretro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Nah,
Im buying the components seperate and building them myself, so i was expecting to end up buying winxp unless i could get my hand on the CD, i dont trust an iso on a torrent so meh.
If i end up going prebuilt i'll go with beastcomputers :)