Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI RADEON 9200 problem

• Please log in to reply

jacktro

jacktro

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello guys,
I am using an older ATI RADEON 9200 card and its started to give me problems.
I noticed it when i tried to install a legal Medal Of Honor game.
It led me to notice i have no access into the Catalyst Control Centre where you can make adjustments too the setting of the card.
Everytime i try to access the Catalyst Control Centre i get a "Fatal Execution Engine Error(0x7927f26e)" message and cant open the program. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Catalyst Control Centre + drivers but still have no access.
If anyone has any suggestions for a fix or where i can get information on this problem it would help alot as im starting to think maybe the card is DEAD.
THX JACK

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The 9200 card is not supported by the current Catalyst drivers, the last version for this card was released November 15th, 2006. Using new catalyst drivers isn't recommended as it'll try and do things that it shouldn't.

Uninstall the current Catalyst, restart and download this one, the last one for your card.
http://ati.amd.com/s...prer300-xp.html

The Catalyst is software, if the card was dead you'll have known about it before now :)

jacktro

jacktro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
hi neil,i was already using the catalyst driver you suggested,but anyway i uninstalled and reinstalled with no joy!!!
i still have no access to the catalyst control centre and every time i boot up the pc i get the "Fatal Execution Engine Error(0x7927f26e)" message

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
This issue looks like it can be traced back to an issue with .net framework.

Uninstall .net framework 2 from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, then you can get it back either from Windows Update or the Download Center.

If it won't uninstall, force it to release its stranglehold on your computer with this program:
http://astebner.sts....leanup_tool.zip

Restart and then reinstall net framework 2.

jacktro

jacktro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Did as you said neil removed the .net framwork 2 and got a new 1 from m/soft...(NETCFSetupv2)
but the same problem is still there :)
i can do everything else on the p.c but still cant access my cat. control centre
can now also play medel of honor but with quite a few crashes, yesterday MOH would only appear in a small box in the top right of the moniter
everthing was ok until i tried to install MOH a few days ago
is there any way 2 check the ati card is ok??
thx jack

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Possible that the card has gone defective, no real testing tools as such but even budget cards these days are cheap and offer better performance for the money over the 9200.