Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor has no signal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

09mlb86

09mlb86

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
hey! i have a homebuilt desktop that isn't getting signal to the monitor.

SPECS:

ASUS M2A-MVP motherboard

AMD Athalon 64X 5600+ (2.8Ghz/core) replaced with
AMD Athalon 64X 4000+ (2.0Ghz/core) due to problem

1 GB x 2 of Mushkin DDR2 800 (have tried takeing 1 stick out, useing every slot, takeing that one out and doing the same w/ the other stick)

Mushkin 550 Watt Power Supply

it had an HIS ATI X1950PRO video but replaced it with XFX Nvidia 9600GT b/c of this problem

unhooked all fans except CPU fan

unhooked all ROM/HDD's as well

the power light on the mobo is on and every thing works corecty

with the HDDs hooked up, and time allowed to boot

if u allow it to turn on, the num lock, scroll lock and CAP lock lights all work on the keyboard, i can charge my MP3 player w/ USB ports

i have a Logitech G11 keyboard (where the keys light up) and it lights up if u allow time

my G9 mouse's LCD lights up

both DVD +-RW drives will open/spin

4 SATA harddrives can be heard spinning

about 2 weeks ago, i turned it on and it looked as if, some on had changed the color bit to 16...after checking...it was 32 thought it was b/c i was used to my laptop...thought nothing of it

last week i turned it on and it read on my LCD tv "no signal"

well i put the 2 and 2 togeather and figured it was the video card.... so being the tinkerer i am...i took the video card apart before throwing it away.... it had HUGE glops of thermal paste/grease on the GPU so i figured that was only backing up well theroy. I purchased an Nvidia 9600GT from XFX (double lifetime warenty) recived it today, installed it....NOSIGNAL...went to the local shop and bought a cheal 64X2 in the 4000+

SAME THING!!!!

the CPU fan spins...all 8 case fans spin, 1 PCI blower spins, my video card fan spins...cpu gets warm if u leave it on for a while......it all acts like a video card.....but i guess not... BTW there are no speakers for me to listen to POST....that would coast ASUS what? $1? :-{

any help is welcome.....

Advertisements

09mlb86

09mlb86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
my mobo has two PCI slots...i have tried both....sry forgot to mention that!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This is a second thread on the same subject. This thread is closed.

SRX660