Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinIFixer has messed up my computer! Won't Uninstall or go awa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sunny441

sunny441

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
hello

I did another scan tonight - and the result is the same. The virus is still on there. Basically the spyware software like adaware and such do not find these files. only the anti-virus picks it up!

am going to boot up in safe mode now and scan the system using AVG.

cheers

Sunny

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Try download AVG8 here. Disconnect from the internet. Uninstall AVG 7.5 and restart the computer. Then install AVG8 and connect back online. Check it for updates and run a scan in Safe Mode.

sunny441

sunny441

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi:

I upgraded to the latest version. No luck with this at all. I got nothing but tracking cookies. Anyway I will keep an eye out for the AVG popup windows - if anything is found - i will post it here and we can see what happens.

After friday, if this issue is not resolved - I will be formatting the hard drives and wiping the computer clean and making a fresh install!

cheers

Sunny

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.