Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Open With" box comes up every time I try to install or acce

• Please log in to reply

donscomputers

donscomputers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a very strange situation. I am running XP Home with SP2. I know it is infected with a virus or spyware, but I cannot get any of my "killer" apps to install. In fact, no programs will run at all. Every time I try to install anti-virus or anti-spyware programs, or run any existing programs, the "Open With" box pops up and the software won't load. Please don't tell me to go to a website and download something on my computer, because IE also has this problem.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi donscomputers, welcome to G2G.

You really do need to go to the malware area of this web site. They will help you cleanup your machine. Since you can't install or run anything, just make a post to the malware forum, telling them exactly what you said here. They are the experts at removing malware and are the only ones authorized to do so here.

==> http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Read the info in the "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" link, but as I said, since you can't install or run anything, go directly to posting in the forum. Someone will help you as soon as they are available. This can take several days as this is an extremely busy malware removal site so please be patient.

Once your computer is clean, come back here if you still have iussues you want to pursue and we'll do our best to help you.