Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One of te options in the Hidden files and foldesr ir named 1.

• Please log in to reply

maverickicemen

maverickicemen

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I'm using Windows XP. One of the options in the in the Folder options is named as "1" (the option which means "Show hidden folders" option) and this option does not even work (does not un-hide the hidden folder). Please help me in solving this problem.

Thanxs in Advance...

Attached Thumbnails

• Folder_Options.jpg

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
are you logged on as a administrator..

maverickicemen

maverickicemen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi!!!

Sorry for the delayed response.. As far as i know i have all the admin rights on the system.. how ever, if there is some admin login other than mine.... for that i have to find what it is... coz my brother just did format and reinstall the XP a few days back...
Any ways... plz temme the procedure to rectify the bug.. Would be very thankful...

Thanks in advance..
Maverick.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go into the control panel....user accounts...check and see if your account HAS admin rights

maverickicemen

maverickicemen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi!!!
I've checked my user account in the control panel... It was reading "Computer administrator" How ever when ever i make any changes in the start up list or in "system service", a message reading "Some blah blah had returned , try login as Administrator" i donno y that comes up every time i make any change. After reading this if u feel i do not have enough rights.. please help in gettin those rights too...

Thanks a lot..
Maverick.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try creating another user account...give it admin rights...reboot and log onto the new account...
do you have the same issue...