Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Restarts over and over and over

• Please log in to reply

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Go to control panel | Add/Remove Programs and see if you have any type of CD software installed - if it's not too many you could post the names here and we can tell you which ones to uninstall that might be causing your problems, otherwise just uninstall any CD programs you have installed. For example cloneCD or adaptec, etc.

Edited by fawoodward, 27 May 2008 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Go to control panel | Add/Remove Programs and see if you have any type of CD software installed - if it's not too many you could post the names here and we can tell you which ones to uninstall that might be causing your problems, otherwise just uninstall any CD programs you have installed. For example cloneCD or adaptec, etc.

Not sure if all these were needed but here ya go:

I have DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, DVDFab Decrypter, WinDVD, Memories Disc Creator, Real Player, and Record Now.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
If you can, uninstall them all.

bdesmond -MVP-

bdesmond -MVP-

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • MVP
We can disable the driver.

Open a command prompt (start>run>cmd)

Enter each of these without the quotes and hit enter
"sc query cdr4_w2k"
"sc config cdr4_w2k config start= disabled"

(note the placement of the spaces in the last one)

Reboot the box
Open a command prompt
"sc query cdr4_w2k"

If you can copy and paste the output of the first two prior to the reboot and then the last one post reboot that would be helpful. To do this, right click in the command prompt, click Mark, select the relevant text, hit enter. Then come back here and paste.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Errr, sorry, you're not getting the cd4 error anymore are you? you're still getting hte original error now, right? If so, then disregard my last post about uninstalling the CD software.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Also, what is SPX/IPX networking. I don't have any networking set up except for my wireless internet.

Remove everything listed in your networking - go to control panel | network connections | and then right click on your wireless network connection and Uninstall everything listed in the box "This connection uses the following items:" and then reboot.

Edit (my dog stood on my keyboard and hit enter for me)

Edited by fawoodward, 27 May 2008 - 08:18 PM.

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Yeah, I'm not getting the Cdrk_2k error anymore after i deleted that sys file. Guess I'll have to start removing my networking stuff tomorrow when i get home. Was really hoping i didn't have to go that far, i have had a bunch of PIA problems with this in the past which i had to fix. Hope i won't have to do that all again. Should i still do all that stuff through cmd.exe if i'm not getting that previous error anymore ?

bdesmond -MVP-

bdesmond -MVP-

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • MVP

Yeah, I'm not getting the Cdrk_2k error anymore after i deleted that sys file. Guess I'll have to start removing my networking stuff tomorrow when i get home. Was really hoping i didn't have to go that far, i have had a bunch of PIA problems with this in the past which i had to fix. Hope i won't have to do that all again. Should i still do all that stuff through cmd.exe if i'm not getting that previous error anymore ?

OK now I'm lost.

If the CDR error is gone, you don't need to do the stuff I just said.

What is the new problem/symptom exactly?

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Just remove the networking stuff, it shouldn't cause you that much of a problem at all. Don't do any of the other stuff, just remove all your networking.

Edit to add:
It's not a new sympton or problem, it's still the original problem with the blue screen.

Edited by fawoodward, 27 May 2008 - 09:54 PM.

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

OK now I'm lost.

If the CDR error is gone, you don't need to do the stuff I just said.

What is the new problem/symptom exactly?

I'm back to the original BSoD still from my first post

Advertisements

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Have you uninstalled all the networking stuff?

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Have you uninstalled all the networking stuff?

Not yet, i will when I get home from work, probably post results somewhere between 6pm-7pm.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
It looks like there is a hot fix for your issue. But you have to contact Microsoft to get it.

MS KB 818326.

I would try obtaining the hotfix.

Edited by tuxmaster, 28 May 2008 - 01:05 PM.

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

It looks like there is a hot fix for your issue. But you have to contact Microsoft to get it.

MS KB 818326.

I would try obtaining the hotfix.

Are you sure my error is occuring in the Ndis.sys ? I have seen no other mention about this before anywhere. I don't have any idea what all that talk about IPX framing is and whatnot. I changed no settings or made any dowloads/upgrades when this problem first occured. It was totally random.

Edited by gr69eht1980, 28 May 2008 - 01:55 PM.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
That was what the dump files I looked at pointed to, I haven't looked at the latest dump files you uploaded, but I can do that and see if they point to something else. I'll download those now and take a peek.

Edit to add:

When you get to your computer, can you run msinfo32 and save it as a file and upload it. That should have some helpful info in it.

Edited by fawoodward, 28 May 2008 - 02:46 PM.