Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Restarts over and over and over

• Please log in to reply

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
OK I just looked at the latest .dmp file you sent dated 5/22 and after analyzing it again, this is the result:

BugCheck 100000D1, {7430c, 2, 0, 7430c}

Probably caused by : NDIS.sys ( NDIS!ndisMDpc+ff )

Advertisements

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

OK I just looked at the latest .dmp file you sent dated 5/22 and after analyzing it again, this is the result:

BugCheck 100000D1, {7430c, 2, 0, 7430c}

Probably caused by : NDIS.sys ( NDIS!ndisMDpc+ff )

So maybe I should try obtaining that hotfix the last guy posted then ? Also I turned on computer to see if I would ge the same BSoD and surprise, i got a different one this time: 0X0000000A (0X80603815, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X80603815)

Now what ? I'm getting ready to throw it out the window !!!!!

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
0X0000000A still falls under the discription of KB article 818326.

I would definitely give Microsoft a contact to obtain that hotfix.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
That hotfix was included in SP2, and it's the same file version I mentioned previously. If you can check the version of the file, you can tell if you need the hotfix or not. But, removing the networking would also fix this :)
29-Apr-2003 19:14 5.1.2600.1215 162,816 Ndis.sys
To check the version of your file, just locate ndis.sys and the date and time of the file will tell you if it's the correct one or not.

bdesmond -MVP-

bdesmond -MVP-

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • MVP

That hotfix was included in SP2, and it's the same file version I mentioned previously. If you can check the version of the file, you can tell if you need the hotfix or not. But, removing the networking would also fix this :)
To check the version of your file, just locate ndis.sys and the date and time of the file will tell you if it's the correct one or not.

I'm at a loss as to how dismantling the network stack will help the OP in the long run.

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I'm lost then. What should I do ? I'll check the version when I get home i guess.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I'll let Desmond finish you out on this.

Good luck.

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

I did a chance to check the file version. It wasn't exactly the same as the one you noted, but I had one with a more recent date from April of 2004. So I guess that is fine. Not too sure what to do now, I'm at a loss....

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I'm gonna offer my advice one final time for your issue since noone else is. Everything I've researched on the internet for this issue suggests: Strip your NIC driver and other network settings and reinstall.

Disable any anti-virus software and any devices not being used ie wired NIC. Uninstall your network card from device manager and add/remove programs if any software was installed for it, and remove all networking from your network connection properties. Download the latest windows certified drivers for your NIC. Reboot, let windows detect your network card and use the drivers you just downloaded. Reinstall your networking protocols, etc.

Good luck.

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Anyone else have an idea before I result to removing all my networking ? Cause if that doesn't work I guess i have to reformat. Any other ideas are more than welcomed. Thanks guys

Advertisements

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
How am I suppose to remove my networking stuff if it doesn't load with windows since i cannot get into safemode with networking ??

gr69eht1980

gr69eht1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Is there nobody that can help me ??

moz374

moz374

• Pip
  • 4 posts
did you ever arrive at a resolution for this problem?

i've been having seemingly the same issue, except i'm not able to even boot into safemode.

attempting to start normally gives a BSOD with

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X0007430c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x0007430c)

For awhile I was able to boot into safemode, but it would occasionally completely hang up while loading SPTD.sys. I read about some issues connected with that driver, so I deleted it. On the next restart I was no longer able to make it into safemode...it now hangs immediately after loading MUP.sys.

I haven't been connected to the internet in over a month due to moving, so I haven't downloaded anything, including any windows updates. No new hardware or software installs, either, though I did just hook up a new wireless router...but the computer crashed before i did anything towards installing it.

I've tried all the boot related things I can think of:
-tried to system restore while I still had safemode
-tried to start with last good configuration
-ran chkdsk /p/r through recovery console
-ran fixboot through recovery console
-ran fixmbr through recovery console
-did inplace upgrade (repair) using XP boot cd

i've unplugged the printer, other hard drive, floppy drive, etc, though my wireless card and video card are still plugged in...i'll unplug them today to see if that changes anything.

any ideas at all?? i'm thoroughly stumped and could really use some help!!!!

~Nate