Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Member Sites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Steelheart

Steelheart

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Here is my website, i designed it for my fraternity. See what you guys think!

http://www.phigammadelta.net

thanks  :tazz:

View Post

Nice job! I like the simplistic design, yet it's expandable. I was wondering what the signifigance of the blinking star was? It's kind of distracting. I was surprised that the site doesn't have a message board for it's members, not that it's a requirement, but it would a nice addition.

Advertisements

Steelheart

Steelheart

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

I don't know why all of you guys can't open my site.....it works very well here in Romania ... so i don't have aby ideea wgy there isn't working
Here is a new link ...i hope this will work :
http://www.defsquad.as.ro

or u can see site's forum at :

http://defsquadro.proboards40.com/

View Post

I was able to get to the site with no problem in both IE and Firefox. The site is to the point, which is fine, because you're not trying to dazzle your clan members. :tazz:

I have two suggestions for you. First, you need to add Home to your navigation bar, I went into the subpages and could not find a way back, other than using my browser's Back button. Secondly, I would advise that you concentrate on alignment on the main page. All of the little banners and your poll box are aligned at different levels. My best suggestion would be to line them up with the top of the center black box. I would also left align your "Meciuri PGL Neamt" information, because you have it that way on the left column. It does not go down the page in a straight line, making it harder to read. (I'm guessing this is past matches.)

eversfield

eversfield

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is my site.
Let me know what you think. Also any suggestions on how to get ranked higher with search engines would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey eversfield,

wheres the link?

reemer

reemer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
oops....I guess that would help.

www.lifebydzine.com

thanks.

Nerelda

Nerelda

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
This is my personal website that I started building about 5 years ago, and just recently did a major renovation to it; making it not only more pleasing to the eyes, but also more accessible for dial-up users.

Reflections

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
How do!

Well I suppopse I'd better find out what you lot think...

Any suggestions are more than welcome on the site not the people!!!

Radial Uproar

Cheers

Spike

amunra

amunra

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
http://casselsfunnystuff.tripod.com

This is my site and I built it using frontpage 2000, let me know what you think.

dub3325

dub3325

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Here's mine VDL Studio . It is unfinished and hasn't been worked on in a couple months since its only a hobby.

LazyStudent

LazyStudent

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Just a comment for the designer of lifebydzine.com

Sorry but that amulance siren in the background of one of your pages was extremly annoying and I wasn't sticking around to view the content of the page with that noise.

Some of your target audience might have a similar reaction!

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
http://www.nexus-e.com

please do post some feed back

thanks

cozmicrain

cozmicrain

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
:tazz:

After looking over the member sites posted here I feel so... well, defunct lol.

Anyway, I'm a newbie with web anything much less site building and I attempted to use dreamweaver once from a friends PC, and I was more then confused.

Even after reading a tutorial, it was all that talk about children parents and what not that really didn't click lol. What exactally is an element of a child? Ah, well thank god for Front page. I can see what Im doing at least and there is not time bar indicator at the top. Didn't grasp what that was for in Dreamweaver either.

Keep in mind at this phase in my quest for learning I am a click and go kinda girl.
This site is indicative of that. However it is still yet, a work in progress. Lots of things need to be added to it, and in the end its purpose will totally change.

I did at least want to get part of the HOWL section posted as this is where a large portion of its pages are going to be. Right now its just basic stuff, but later will be more extensive information.

Since reading about the vary many browsers people use I am concerned if what I have is simple enough for most browsers to view.

So if you could please take a peek, and let me know if there are problems with graphics (what few there are) or navigation I would really appreciate it.
And Im always open for constructive critisim and helpful advice.

H.O.W.L @ cozmicrain.net

Thanks in advance ;)

cozmicrain

cozmicrain

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sunny, that is great site.

Its that type of web space I want to do eventually, but no where near knowledgeable enough to even attempt that now. Loads fast and everything is laid out very well. Thanks for sharing.

rain

http://www.nexus-e.com

please do post some feed back
thanks

View Post

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Cozmic

Don't worry about feelin defunct after looking at other peoples sites!! These sites will help you learn a thing or two about design and learn a few new things.

Dreamweaver offers a lot more flexibility and options as far as design is concerned and you surely can do a lot more with dreamweaver. A good place to start off would be trying to get some e-books off the internet that would help you learn a lot more. Also you can try and get a copy of this book - Dreamweaver MX 2004 demystiified by Laura Gutman. It is a very comphrensive book and does cover most of the thigns that you should be knowing - although you will have to learn the finer nuances by yourself. Dreamweaver is perfect for point and click kind of people like you and gives flexibility of working in both design and code view.

As far as browser issues go - try and test your pages in different browsers before you post on the internet. Also make sure that you test your pages at different ersolutions as well like 800X600 and 1024X786 blah blah blah - just in case!!

Thanks for the feedback on my site - it took a long time to get that one going. But sadly enough the company is not doing well and looks like we might close down soon - yeah(we just started!)

Cheers
:tazz:

cozmicrain

cozmicrain

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it again after some more reading. Just when I first attempted it I got overwhelmed by the entire program. As you know Front page is a lot more simple. Less options true but very simple. Like the diffrence between say, a chalkboard and lap top lol.

I have a good basic Idea of how tags work, Looking at script from dreamweaver it was filled with a lot of containers and dots and such I just had no idea why lol. I will learn though. What I don't like about my page is that when I view it at 800x600 there are scroll bars like everywhere. I thought I had seen someone somewhere mention that you could make graphics resize with browser resolution but Im still looking for information about all that.

Hang in there with your site. Maybe once more traffic gets too it you will get boosted in search engines and things will pick up alot. Its a great site, maybe it just needs time. I really wish you the best of luck with it. It seems your team is really good with web design.
peace

rain