Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wirless networking, help please!

• Please log in to reply

Cullingsong

Cullingsong

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello, thanks for reading. I just set up my first wireless network at my place, but I'm getting a really low signal to my laptop even tho it's sitting in the same room as the router! It's a DHCP and the connection works fine on my comp that is connected to the router. I assigned the laptop an IP address and that seems to be ok. It's a 2.4 ghz router with a 54 meg connection. What should I do? Thanks.

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Is this prob only on your laptop?

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Try going to the router's setup page on the web - the address will be in your manual, and change the channel no. of the router.

That's what Belkin always recommend you do when contacted with the same query :tazz:

DaveB - LinuxWannabee