Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fast running game on Vista

• Please log in to reply

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi There,

I have just gotten a laptop running Windows Vista. I have an old game that I used on my desktop running XP called Pirates Gold by Microprose, don't know exactly how old it is but it runs on Windows. Like I said it was working fine on XP but I intalled it on my laptop with Vista Home Basic and now when I play it, even changing the mode to all varieties of Windows from 95 to XP it runs very fast. Is there some setting somewhere that I can change to make the game playable under Vista.

Thank you for your help
Paul

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Pirates Gold is from 1993 and is officially only supported on Windows 3.x. Vista does certain things so much more faster than XP ever did and in some areas this will affect some programs. Not really a lot you can do about it.

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi Neil,
Thanks for your reply, I guess I can only play it on my XP Desktop then.

Regards
Paul