Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys WRT54G works but no Internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Dov Chodoff

Dov Chodoff

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi All,

I have had this router for over 4 years now and this is the first time I have ever had this issue.
I had my entire system off (unplugged) since I was away for the weekend and when I got back I turned everything back on as I usually do (it the correct order). Everything went on and It looked like I had a connection.
When I tried to go online I could not connect. But my network was working - meaning I was able to see other computers on the network and transfer files.
The issue seems to only be with my internet connection - this is true both Wireless and direct connect on both laptops and a Voip that I have as well.
In the Router I am able to ping and get a connection, so and the router and picking up the correct Ip and DNS info from my provider.

I tried restarting the entire system and nothing worked.
I have the latest Firmware on the router.
Everything was working when I left the house 2 days ago.

I am clueless as to what is wrong.
I am now connected directly to my modem and I have an Internet connection.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Dov

Advertisements

Dov Chodoff

Dov Chodoff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry All problem seemed to be solved by resetting Factory settings.

Hope that was a glitch and nothing more..

-Dov