Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Spy Sweeper does not complete a full scan.. gets hung on

• Please log in to reply

dallasyanks

dallasyanks

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have spysweeper antivirus. When it gets 3 quarters through a scan it stops on this.... C:\windows\installer\262d9d69.msp. Then after a few minutes of sitting there, it shuts down the computer and restarts. I cant get rid of the cookies and malware because I cant complete a sweep. The virus is: TROJ/WIMAD-E. When doing a virus scan with AVG free edition virus scan it hangs on....C:\windows\installer\130doce1.msp.

Also, I have a lack of hard disc space which baffles me. I have 2.00 gb of ram but only have 320mb available. Thats after cleaning house! Where the [bleep] did all that go? Is it because I have had to do a system restore at least 2 times?

How do I fix windows installer?

I know its not spy sweeper because I have used avg and avast and it hangs up on them too.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

XBoy

XBoy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
What do you do with this folder, is it there because you want it to be or otherwise? There seems to be a problem in that folder!

dallasyanks

dallasyanks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dont know what it is other than its probley part of windows installer. Can I delete the folder?

dallasyanks

dallasyanks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
can anyone help me?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
dallasyanks,

Is it possible to set Spysweeper so it won't scan the c:\Windows\installer directory? Then you might be able to complete a scan.

Also, there is a difference between RAM and hard drive space. You say " I have 2.00 gb of ram but only have 320mb available", but your total hard drive space would come from the properties of your C:\ drive, and have nothing to do with the amount of RAM you have.

If you have a virus, however, it's possible that it's causing other issues on your PC. If you're having issues with this virus continually being identified, however, you may want to post in our Malware Forum for additional help.

Please go here and follow the instructions for downloading and running hijackthis. Post your log here. Explain in your post that you're unable to complete any scans, and what virus is being identified. One of our Malware helpers will come along and help you out. :)