Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is wrong with my toshiba laptop?

• Please log in to reply

slava014

slava014

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a pretty old toshiba laptop. I mainly used it for gaming (emulators, etc..) and it worked pretty well. One day it just wouldn't turn on. I then discovered that I could get into windows by pressing another button (I think the dvd). However, the screen is very dark. Why would the power button just stop working? Why is the screen suddenly dark? The power button is not loose. Please help!

If I press a different button on the computer it boots up. I never new about it before because I never had to use it. I can see everything on the desktop it is just very dim. It is not a contrast problem either. I am almost positive that the power button isn't broken because I can turn the computer off with it once it is on.

Edited by slava014, 17 May 2008 - 10:11 PM.

Advertisements

XBoy

XBoy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, can you please be more specific about your issue. If you can get into Windows that means you can turn it on somehow. You said the screen is dark, are you able to see anything like desktop, icons, menus etc. If you can't turn it on by using your Power Button, that may be a hardware issue (the button is not working properly) and if you are having bad/poor graphics, that has to do something with your graphics card or the screen itself. Can you please tell us some more about it?