Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System32 RUNDLL Missing

• Please log in to reply

gxtr

gxtr

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Yesterday I spent a good 8-10 hours cleaning my system and removing malware/spyware/whatever was causing problems and fixing windows updates. Everything seems to work fine now, but on startup I get two messages for RUNDLL, they say...

RUNDLL Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\gcxeiimi.dll
The specified module could not be found.

And

RUNDLL Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\rickmlth.dll

There don't seem to be any problems with anything yet, do I need to replace these files or how do I get the pop up messages to stop? It's only on startup that they popup. By the way, these messages only started showing up after I did everything in the "Malware Cleaning Guide" thread to clean my system.

Advertisements

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
OK I think I know what your problem might be.

Those .dll files don't seem legitimate, so I think it might be a Startup problem.

Ok go to Start>Run>MSCONFIG

Here, click on the Startup tab.

Here, you will see a list of programs that automatically Startup.

Please, when you have time, can you write these Programs down. I want you to write the Startup Items.

Thanks,

PILL5B3RRY

gxtr

gxtr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, thanks for the quick response!!! Here's the list...

devdet~1
isuspm
hpztsbo4
motive sb
qttask
reader.sl
gcxeiimi
avp
riskmlth
msmsgs
ctfmon
isuspm
at&t self-support

By the way, I know this is off topic, please let me know if I should start a new thread or if there's an easy fix. Ever since this computer was new (Dell Dimension E510) the keyboard sometimes doesn't respond to the first command after starting. For example, when I entered "msconfig" it would only enter "sconfig" also occasionally it will reverse the first two letters like "smconfig" and no it's not me pressing the wrong button accidently, I have done this slowly and made sure I press the right button and it just doesn't respond until the second command or reverses the first and second commands. Any ideas or should this be it's own thread? Thanks

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Your problem is malware related

Please go over to the Malware Removal forum, read the Sticky Threads and follow the steps there

We can't help you fix your problem here

gxtr

gxtr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just finished with the malware removal, do I need to start a thread with a hijack this log file or something? This started after the malware removal.

What about help with the keyboard problem, should I start a new thread here?

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Next I want you to download CCleaner from here.

After, I want you to run it, then when it opens up select everything to be cleaned. Even in the Applications Part.

Edited by Rorschach112, 18 May 2008 - 11:13 AM.
Removed malware advice.

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Also about that keyboard, are you sure its not just your keyboard that is messed up. Try if a different keyboard if you have one.

If not, then please write back.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts

I just finished with the malware removal, do I need to start a thread with a hijack this log file or something?

Have you made a malware topic on any site ? Your PC has malware, so you need to make a topic here to remove your problem concerning

And

Fix the malware problem first in the Malware Removal forum, then come back here for the keyboard problem if it persists.

gxtr

gxtr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Next I want you to download CCleaner from here.

After, I want you to run it, then when it opens up select everything to be cleaned. Even in the Applications Part.

Did the CCleaner and it's still the same, do I need to run the registry check from that program too?

gxtr

gxtr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I just finished with the malware removal, do I need to start a thread with a hijack this log file or something?

Have you made a malware topic on any site ? Your PC has malware, so you need to make a topic here to remove your problem concerning

And

Fix the malware problem first in the Malware Removal forum, then come back here for the keyboard problem if it persists.

Ok, thank you, I'll get that topic up when I have some free time, at least this hasn't caused any issues so far, so I'm not in any rush to get it resolved.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I would not run the Registry Cleaner in CCleaner as it can be dangerous and won't fix your situation.

Lets clean the malware first then get to your other problems, so come back here when somebody gives you the all clear from that forum.