Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word Long Loading Time

• Please log in to reply

comp_novice

comp_novice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently ran disc cleanup on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6000) to clear up some space on my hard drive, and it compressed a lot of my files. Needless to say, I went back to decompress whatever I could since the programs and the documents took forever to load. However, whenever I start Microsoft Word now, it takes at least half an hour to start. The documents I am opening and the program itself are not compressed anymore so I don't understand why it's taking so long. The problem has not affected Excel or Powerpoint at all. I have reinstalled Microsoft Office, used system restore, and defragmented the C:/ drive but all were to no avail. Please help!

Edited by comp_novice, 18 May 2008 - 05:41 PM.

Advertisements