Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unmountable boot volume/blue screen

• Please log in to reply

ericacopeland

ericacopeland

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I keep getting the blue screen of death and have read all the other posts that I can relating to it to no avail. I cant get to a dos prompt to do chkdsk/r or fixboot I just cant seem to get into BIOS, system recovery/restore or anything!! Its an HP 510w running xp. THanks in advance for your help.
It also says something about disabling bios memory option, such as caching or shadowing and to be honest Im clueless. It tells me to try safe mode but it doesnt let me do that either!!! HELP. Erica :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
if you have a multimedia keyboard, you likely need to tap a FUNCTION key to allow you to use the f8 key to get to boot menu...please check...windows will often turn the key off just as you are booting your computer and you need to quickly turn it back on and then hit f8

rgolsen

rgolsen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Could be this known issue:

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;315403