Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build with no experience, Please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JustaMom

JustaMom

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I know we have no business taking on a new build but we did it anyway. Now we have problems. Here's what we got:
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 processor
Intel Media Series DP35DP MB
GeForce 8800GS video
antec 650 wt power
Pioneer DVD/CD writer
Patriot Ram (2 1k sticks)
Maxter-Sata II/300 Hard drive kit. (spent our stimulus $$)
--------
Here's what the BIOS says:
BIOS version: DPP3510J.86A.0293.2007.1002.1519
It does show the correct time and date
Advance Drive Configuration: ATA/IDE mode: Native
Configure SATA as <RAID>
S.M.A.R.T. Enabled
----------
So we connected the parts and put in a Window Xp (the old original) I don't know if it is an oem or what, it came with my old computer. The disk says Windows XP home ed and the label has pretty holographic colors I would guess that all the geniune disks come with.
It did not tell us to format the hard-drive,, isn't supposed to do that. So...
My husband attached a floppy and was able to format the HD through DOS (yes we are old).

Now I try to install Windows and it looked like it was installing because it said: "Windows set up" on the top left of the screen, and on the bottom: Set up is loading files (USB Keyboard) etc,,, BUT then, I get the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH", that says "(You idiot), A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer. It tells me to check to see if my hardware is properly installed or configured. Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption then restart --- STOP OX0000007B ( 0XF7BD663C, OXC0000034, OX00000000, OXOOOOOOOO.... I'm betting it's not giving me hugs and kisses..
I would be greatful for any help.
thanx.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed. Being helped HERE

Murray