Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! RunDLL error messages

• Please log in to reply

xno5x

xno5x

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I start up my HP laptop with Vista Home I receive the following two RunDLL error messages.

Error loading C:\Users\OFFICE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\qhwmoohe.dll

The specified module could not be found.

and

Error loading C:\Users\OFFICE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gxpxerdx.dll

The specified module could not be found.

How can I get rid of these????????

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
xno5x,

Those look like randomly-named malware files to me. Please read this link - the instructions there may help you clean this up on your own. If you're still having issues, please post a Hijackthis log in this forum.

xno5x

xno5x

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much...I am a beginner at tech support and will be starting school this fall for network infrastructure. It always helps to learn as much as possible. I ran combofix and it cleared everything up with the error messages. Again, Thanks for the fast reply. here was the hijack this log file:

Attached File  hjt.txt   12.9KB   322 downloads

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
xno5x,

If you want to learn, then you need to follow instructions. I asked you to post your log in the Malware Removal forum, not here. Also, I did not instruct you to run combofix - that's a very powerful tool and you should only run it if you've been instructed to by one of the helpers. Please post your log in the Malware Removal forum, and include your combofix log as well. It may show additional files that need to be deleted.