Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen problems!?

• Please log in to reply

Boshajones

Boshajones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm new to Geeks to go forum but have known about it for a while. A few days ago I got the blue screen of death on my computer, I've had a look around the forums and nothing I can try appears to fix it, i've also googled the code that I get and I cannot find anything that fixes it! The code on the blue screen is 0x00000009c and happened a few days after I installed my printer which is a HP 7260 photo printer. Other than that, I have not installed anything new on my computer, nor have I downloaded anything. I play many games on my computer but have had these for ages, and also my computer will just blue screen no matter what I do, i turn my computer on and it doesn't take long before it blue screens and resets. Any comments will be appreciated. Many Thanks.

Advertisements

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Please view this: Windows XP Blue Screen of Death Codes.

After you have seen this, tell me if you see anything related to yours. If you find your code or anything similar, please tell us.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It would be helpful if you told us what you did so far, to avoid unnecessary instructions. Meanwhile try to boot in safe mode and tell us if the computer is stable. Also go Add/Remove programs and uninstall everything that is related to the printer. Check in Faxes an Printers if the printer has been removed. If not. mark the printer and delete it.