Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_stack_inpage_error stop 0x00000077

• Please log in to reply

Junmar74

Junmar74

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Good Day!

While using windows, i suddenly got a blue screen with some text saying mentioning this error: Kernel_stack_inpage_error; stop 0x00000077

Memory was dumped to disk then my computer restarted. Performed Chkdsk /f /r - no bad sectors. Performed complete virus scan after updating, no virus found. My PC is working normally but this error is really bugging me. The only thing I have not done is to test my RAM. What diagnostic tool should I use to test my RAM? What other things can I do to resolve this problem or stop it from ocurring again?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This was an error in your BIOS. Heres a microsoft article on it.

http://support.micro...=315266&sd=RMVP

SRX660

Junmar74

Junmar74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Could you be more specific? I have an ASUS P5V800-MX Mobo. What settings do I change? Update the bios perhaps? I already saw that article you were referring to but it's not much help to me. I hope you can provide more info. Just ask me what you need

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I assumed that your problem was a bad sector had formed on the HD. These Kinds of errors do come with HD problems.
If you continue to have problems with the same error , i would assume that your hard drive is going bad. It may or May NOT happen again, you just never know.
When you said your computer started normally i assumed that autochk had run and fixed the problem.
If the computer restarted successfully, the Autochk disk scanner will automatically run to locate and to repair any hard disk errors.

Option 2: Manually run Chkdsk
If Autochk does not automatically run, you can manually run the Chkdsk disk scanner. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type chkdsk /f /r, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type Y to let the disk scanner run when you restart the computer.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Chkdsk will run.

If your autochk did run it probably found a bad sector in the bios section , so it moved that partof the BIOS to a good secttor on the HD. That is why your computer restarted normally. You do not need to reset anything.

Explanation of autochk.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/218461

Although it says windows 2000, it is exactly the same for XP.

Please read these articles thoroughly as they di contain quite a lot of information that you can use if you have the problem again.

SRX660

Junmar74

Junmar74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
The error happened again. After memory dump, computer restarted successfully. I manually started chkdsk /f /r but result was 0 bytes in bad sector. Im confused. If there are errors in the HDD, how come it doesn'y show up in the scans? Is there an externasl tool to scan the disk for errors?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The first thing to do now is run memtest on your memory to see if you have a problem there.

http://www.memtest.org/

If your memory passes all the tests, i would think about replacing the hard drive as your is probably going bad fast. Backup all the files you do not want to lose.

There is really not much else you can do.

SRX660