Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Something has removed AVG Kernel and Avg wrap driver?

• Please log in to reply

jannyz

jannyz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hope that I have posted this in the correct way and place. I am racing against time because I keep getting logged out of internet explorer also something keeps changing mode, to work offline. Im sure I must have some type of virus but I cant check. Due to a House fire, we are in temp accomodation, this computer is second hand and access to the internet is via dongle ,due to not having landline.I just assumed that I was being knocked offline due to dongle signal, but dongle is cnnecting ok, I tried a system restore, no different except that when I restart comp a box tells me that it cannot load Avg because of missing component. I cant add or remove in control panel and in device manager under plug and play devices, AVG& Kernel and AVG7 Wrap driver are highlighted in yellow, it gives me the option to uninstall and reinstall but Im scared just incase Im taking out something I shouldnt. I know I shouldnt install another antivirus program because of the conflict, can somebody advise me how to get around this? Im stumped....Without being able to run a check, I dont know if I have trojans or a virus. Thanks Jan.

Advertisements