Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista having a problem running any games smoothly

• Please log in to reply

Hedge25

Hedge25

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Well here is the deal. I've had STALKER/Team Fortress 2 and several other games installed on this computer for some time now. Played all of them with little problem. Then about a week ago I got some Vundo and other Malware problems. With the help of this very board I cleaned them up. However my programs still ran slow as if the computer itself couldn't handle them. Even Firefox seemed a little taxed with more than three or for tabs open. I figgured we some how missed an infection...so I reformated my drive and installed Vista over again. But...here I am and my games after a fresh install of both vista and the game still run slowly.

What I've done to try and fix it.
Reinstalled the drivers for RealTek HD audio drivers
Reinstalled the newest video card drivers for my Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

And a few other things I've read helped other people reduce this system lag that I can't quite remember at the moment.

Is there anything I'm missing what could be the problem? all of these things ran fine two weeks ago.

Thanks in Advance
Hedge25

Advertisements