Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

all my registrys have become LNK. files

• Please log in to reply

Cmor

Cmor

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
a spy ware program was found ...blocked the programs...my registry files have changed,,,cant open anything....HHHHHEEEEELLLLPPPPPP..when i try to open anthying it wont work...cant even download a new spy killer.....what do i do...cant open windows..AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :tazz: :mad:

Cmor

Edited by Cmor, 27 April 2005 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
Download this application: http://www.dougknox..../xp_exe_fix.zip
Unpack, run the file, and it will restore the default Windows file associations for exefiles.

Now do NOT reboot, but go straight to the Hijack This/Malware removal section of this forum.

Download and run Hijack This (you should now be able to), post a log, and someone will be happy to advise!

Good luck,

Cmor

Cmor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
it wont upack and work.......it turned into "xp_exe_fix.reg "...am i stuffed..????
i need some pretty serious help......it wont recognise the file type....help

Jye

Jye

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Try a clean install of your operating system if possible should restore the default Windows file associations for exefiles. then Download and run hjt.

Sorry i meant a system restore if possible to time it was ok

Edited by Jye, 28 April 2005 - 07:05 PM.

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
Whoops,...

Edited by TonyKlein, 30 April 2005 - 01:46 AM.