Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson printer suddenly not compatible with windows vista? Help!

• Please log in to reply

Vaudeville Vintage

Vaudeville Vintage

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have an Epson stylus photo rx700 printer. And I use windows vista. The other day I tried to print out an invoice for my online store and the printer would not print. The only message I was getting was to check all connections which I did and everything was fine. Then I went into the control panel,then systems and maintenance, then problem reports and solutions. And before I could even report anything, that page said something about ..."windows vista no longer supports epson stylus photo rx700".
Does anyone know anything about this or what I can do? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Vaudeville Vintage
Vaudeville Vintage

Vaudeville Vintage & Collectibles

Edited by Vaudeville Vintage, 22 May 2008 - 02:31 PM.

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Have you used this printer with Vista before? The printer has been discontinued and replaced with this printer. I don't think a normal drivers update would solve the problem (although you can try it just in case) so your best bet would be to search for some home brewed drivers that are compatible with vista.

Edited by reconman, 22 May 2008 - 02:46 PM.

Vaudeville Vintage

Vaudeville Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I have been using my rx700 printer with vista for almost a year now with no problem. The strange thing is that when it first stopped working the other day, I was able to shut the computer off then turn it back on and it worked. I thought that could be at least a back up/temporary solution but it only worked once or twice. Then yesterday, I had to print out another invoice, so I figured I'd just try to print and see what happens, expecting of course that it would not work but it did! It printed. But I still need to find a more dependable solution. I know almost nothing about computers, could you tell me where I would find or at least where should I search for a home brewed driver that is compatible with vista? Thanks for your help!

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Hello Vaudeville Vintage

After doing a quick google search, it looks like Epson has Vista drivers for your printer here.
If you have Windows Vista 62-bit edition installed, click on the first Printer Driver v6.5aAs option. If you have Windows Vista 32-bit edition installed, click on the second Printer Driver v6.5aAs option. Be sure to do what it says for the TWAIN Driver and Epson Scan Utility as well. Let me know if that solves your problems :)

Vaudeville Vintage

Vaudeville Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh thank you! thank you! thank you! so much! I will do. I really appreciate all your help!

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
No problem :)