Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can We find out Domain Controller Policy has been Applied?

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,

I want to ask question regarding the DC group policy. Is it possible to track or find out that on which system a GP is not applied?

Actually we are applying a group policy in our company and at the same time we want to keep track that if a group policy is not applied on any system or some body has changed the group policy on his/her system we can figure out that particular system on which the GP was not applied.

Is it possible?
:)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
get the GPMC (group policy management console) for your machine (if you don't already have it) or you can do this from the DC itself

open up the group policy editor (gpmc) and expand your forrest and domain...at the bottom of the list you'll see "group policy result", right click that and choose "group policy results wizard", from there you can choose to check the current computer or choose a remote machine in your network, then you can choose a specific user that's available on that machine (based on the user profiles available on that machine), once you finish the wizard you'll see the resulting set of policy settings that are applied to the machine as well as any GP events logged on the machine

Mobi

Mobi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Alright thanks,

Now I want to ask further in this regard that can we configure the events of the GP been applied or not? I mean as you have told me that we can find out for a machine or an user.

I mean can we bind this thing with the GFI Event Manager on the DC. Does the event related to the GP applied and not applied are captured by the Windows 2003 server where the DC will be running.

If so then it will also be possible to configure those events with GFI Event Manager and generate alerts in case of failure to apply the GP on any particular system.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've got no answer for that