Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Problem

• Please log in to reply

Swrdking

Swrdking

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

I'm having this really weird keyboard problem that I've never encountered prior to tonight.

I opened up an IE to do whatever it is one is to do on the Internet, and I noticed that I had some pop-ups, so I downloaded and installed the latest version of AdAware, ran it, while it was running I think it disabled something that associated with my keyboard; all of my number keys except for '5' and '6' are disabled.

Shift+ Any number key also does nothing. I've also tried unplugging and plugging my keyboard back into the tower, the problem still persists. I can turn Num Lock on and the numpad works fine, but it's important that I am able to use symbols; I can't use symbols with the numpad.

I'm using a "Turbowin" keyboard that looks like this:

Posted Image

Can someone please help me? I just noticed that my 'F5' key isn't working either.

Edited by Swrdking, 27 April 2005 - 05:27 AM.

Advertisements

El Barto

El Barto

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
'Ello,

I don't really know what to do here, maybe it could be the drivers? If so if you still have then you could try reinstalling them or finding them on the net. Maybe if you really need to a System Restore will work? That is if you are running XP or have some other software that does it.

Swrdking

Swrdking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

'Ello,

I don't really know what to do here, maybe it could be the drivers?  If so if you still have then you could try reinstalling them or finding them on the net.  Maybe if you really need to a System Restore will work?  That is if you are running XP or have some other software that does it.

View Post

Thanks El Barto, but I tried all of that after I created my first post, none of it worked.

This is what I did (since nothing else was working), I popped off my '1' key, then I popped off my '2' key (notice that I can type '1' and '2' now? :tazz:), I looked up and there was a string of 2's accross my screen and my jaw dropped. I have no idea why popping off my '1' and '2' keys would re-enable all of my numbers, shift, some of my F keys, and my Print Screen key, but it did...and I thank God for it.

Thanks for trying to help. I'll be back (when?), time will only tell.