Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im at a loss with all these probs, help me please

• Please log in to reply

undun40cal

undun40cal

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi, and thanks for you time and expertise.

System Info:

Microsoft Windows XP Home edition
Version 2002
Service pack 3

eMachines T3410 (Motherboard)
AMD Sempron CPU 3400+
2.01 GHz 1GB ram

Ok, i have numerous problems on my comp now :). I recently had my isp switched and wasnt home when they installed it, my wife was (grrr). Ever since that day my comps been acting weird. Below is the list of probs i've been having with it, hopefully theres 1 solution to all these probs.

1: I get empty script errors out of nowhere sometimes and i cant use certain progs anymore (AIM,Yahoo Messenger, e.t.c.) the chat boxes dont display incoming or outgoing text.
I use Mozilla instead of Internet Explorer.

2: I cannot create a restore point or install updates from MS even though they are available, especially .Netframework 2 & 3.

3: Certain progs wont start ,claiming "The COM object failed to initialize".

4: I cant install HJT, its claiming "MSVBM60.dll is missing".

everything was fine the hour b4 the cable guy came and touched stuff. If there is an answer or a suggestion, im open for it all.

Please help

Edited by undun40cal, 24 May 2008 - 12:10 AM.

Advertisements