Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost data and account user

• Please log in to reply

subpleaser6

subpleaser6

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Trying again to get some help on this one. I purchased a digital card reader and for some reason (stupidity) inserted the drive letter recognition software disk that came with it. I clicked on the wrong answer, obviously.....because now my admin user and all the files that it contained are gone!
I tried a restore to a few days prior to the card reader install, no help or I cannot find it if the fix worked. This a somewhat new pc for me (its used , but new to me) and I did notice there are 2 local drives....not sure if it has always been that way a drive c and a drive e....
Please somebody......give me a hint....I have resume's, family photos and all kind of other stuff I really need out there in space somewhere.

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

snooker

snooker

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hi , If I understand you correctly you are trying to boot up into the admin account and can't ? If so ? Do you have twaek UI install ? If not ? Download that and it has a option to boot your admin account . You can get it from the website below

http://www.microsoft...ppowertoys.mspx

BTW I'm assuming you already try to boot in safe mode but still no account listed .

This site below should help you out , just click on the underline , it will take you there

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

Edited by snooker, 24 May 2008 - 02:39 PM.