Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide.......

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Hello everyone! :)

I have decided to go ahead and get my A+ certification. I am currently looking at getting THIS BOOK, the A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition. Has anyone here used this book before? Can you recommend me a good book or other study material? I used the search on the forum but every time they talked about this book it was an older edition.

I am not in a huge hurry but I would like to get my certification by the end of this year.

Any info regarding A+ is appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Krusha, 25 May 2008 - 10:20 AM.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I haven't taken that exam but I've found the Sybex books to be pretty thorough for other exams. STAY AWAY from the "Exam Cram" books. Or at least, don't use them as your only study material. I see both of these at the link you provided. I highly recommend the "Transcender" practice exams as well. Good luck!

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
What about online practice tests? They're all over the Internet. Try to Google "A+ online practice test" or something like that. :)

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
I'm also considering going for my cert this summer. Anyone got any advice? I've already looked into the practice exams, but haven't had any time to do anything with them... :)

S_t_r_y_k_e_r

S_t_r_y_k_e_r

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi Krusha.

I myself have got the full A+ certification.

Now I don't know what your experience with computers is like, however I would advise you to get as much hands-on practice as you can and also read the book a couple of times....unless of course you have a remakably good memory! :)

I used the Sybex books for my A+ and bought the Exam Cram practice questions. As ditrackster said, you will find loads of practice question scattered all over the web....with many of them being free.

Here are a couple that I used:

http://www.freepract...Aplus/aplus.htm

http://www.passitnow.com/comptia.html

I used another one which had a very comprehensive set of questions in it. I'm sure I kept a note of the web address in my notes at home, so I'll have a look and post it if I find it.