Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG 8.0

• Please log in to reply

bkford

bkford

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I know this is a topic for the free AVG forum, but they keep sending me new passwords, and none of them work, so I cannot post to their forum (sigh).

The update to 8.0 of the AVG free antivirus software uninstalled my paid subscription for AVG Anti Spyware, and I cannot find a link to that download (to re-download and re-install, since I have my paid subscription number key).

Does anyone on this wonderful site know how to access the product to reinstall it, or has anyone had a similar experience? It does appear that the new 8.0 includes anti spyware, but I have no idea if it's as good as the separate, paid version that I had on my computer before it was uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated.

I have emailed the tech support for AVG (I can do that since I have a paid product), but I have no idea when/if they will respond. :)

Thanks,
bkford

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Go here http://www.grisoft.c....download-trial download the trial version and then enter your key (AVG 8.0 includes the AS module) unless of course the key does not transfer over

AVG Anti-Spyware is going to be discontinued in the near future, so unless AVG refund your missing portion or give a free pro period to compensate you may well lose the remainder of your subscription. Definitely one for AVG this

bkford

bkford

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
This is very helpful information. Thanks!