Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty Help

• Please log in to reply

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
After i have installed COD(game of the year edition box set) a get an icon on my desktop and everything and it looks like everythings okay. BUT ITS NOT. When i click on the icon it wont run. when i restart my pc the icon changes into an empty box like thing.it says cannot find COD.exe or sumthin like that. i noticed that this same prob has happened with other games (HALO, trophy hunter, etc) and that started after i got a new cd drive which was after i got a virus and had to reinstall windows and everything.please help me.

if u need my system specs i have no idea how to get them. could u tell me how?

Advertisements

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
ummmm can someone plz help me???

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i found it the full file name is CODsp.exe or SPCod.exe or CoDSP.exe i think its the last 1

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what antivirus software are you running?

please run http://pandasoftware.com/activescan to make sure you are clean of viri. please let us know the results.

Are you keeping current on you windows updates? if your not then please do to http://windowsupdates.microsoft.com/ and install all [COLOR=red]critical updates

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i dont know why but when i click on ur links nothing comes up besides that screen when u cant get nething

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try this link instead: http://www.pandasoft...n_principal.htm

click on "scan your pc"

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
okay im doin that right now. when its finished does it delete all of ur viruses???

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
okay at the end of the scan it said it had 350 infected files or sumthin then it said it only cleared 35! so i prob have a lot more stuff on my pc. but is there any posibility thats its my cd drive?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, at this point it looks like you have a lot of spyware. and yes it could interfer with the normal operation of the pc. if you saved the log of what it found please post it here

Lets start with this link: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
please follow the directions. We will get you cleaned up and working again.

Starjax

Dustbag

Dustbag

• Pip
  • 8 posts
or you could be like me.. and if you even THINK you have some spywear you reformat your computer.. :tazz: .. it always works.. and nothing ever gives up on me...

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
we, at GTG, would never recomend that except as a last resort. It would actually be considered bad advice. per my previous post I refered Chaoskiller to our malware forums where he can get the all the help needed to clean the spyware from his system.

Dustbag

Dustbag

• Pip
  • 8 posts
well... not exactly true.. mostly its not recomended for the ppl who have so much stuff on there computer that there is no way of backing it up.

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
so u guys dont think that theres a possibility that its my cd drive??

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
look a cd/dvd drive is cheap. however based on the previous comments did you ever visit the malware forums to get you cleaned? you have spyware, you may even have a virus. Please follow my previous link and start there.

Thanks,
Starjax

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i think this is the scan report

Attached Files