Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible XP Drivers ? =(

• Please log in to reply

Plies

Plies

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite a135-7406 that I recently downgraded Windows Vista Basic to Windows XP Professional SP3. Luckily I have been able to find every driver I need except for 2.

- "FN" Button Functions no longer work
- No longer able to control screen brightness

I have extensively searched the internet the past few days for these last drivers, but to no avail. It seems Toshiba has absolutely no support for a "XP Downgrade" so all the drivers on their site are for Vista. Every site I have been on so far suggested that this computer was kind of made "specifically" for Windows Vista (hence the poor driver support).

I am only looking for a "quick-fix" so to say for atleast the Screen Brightness. My screen is currently set on full brightness all the time, with no way to change it, the battery lasts a mere 45 minutes. Any software lthat may help me, or anything at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Danny

Advertisements

Plies

Plies

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Bump....

I'm now wondering I fI should just put Windows Vista Basic back onto this machine. Althought I only have Intel 945 Graphics/1GB Ram I wonder how this machine would handle it (have yet to experience Vista myself, person who had the laptop beforeme already put XP Pro on before I go it.)