Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My machine is infected Please Help! [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

purpledelta999

purpledelta999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please can anybody help, I am ripping my hair out!!

I am running Vista x64 on x2 250GB sata drives in raid 0 by my gigabyte m/b.

The otherday my antivirus "Avast" warned of a Trojan Horse (i do not know which i did not see)
I decided to perform a scan etc and a regclean etc etc, it got late and i powered off and went to bed!!

The next time i booted my machine i get an error regards C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop. saying something to the effect of its not there????????
When i load normal there is only recycle bin and computer, there is only 4-5 processes running and majority of services are not running only 2-3 are actually running! i am unable to start any more services and i am unable to make any connections?? I am very limited in what i can do! I am unable to try a restore due to services not running etc. Grrrrrrrr

I have a lot of un-backed up data i need to retreive before i even think of installing over but this is proving difficult, it does not seem to want to see my usb Hdd etc, i have added a second HDD and tried installing XP but after it transfers its files and reboots it just boots vista and no option for xp to continue the install??

So any help at all would be greatly appreaciated :):)

Edited by purpledelta999, 27 May 2008 - 03:32 PM.

Advertisements

eddie5659

eddie5659

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,980 posts
  • MVP
Hello purpledelta999, and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Please read this post completely. It may make it easier for you if you print, or copy and paste this post to a new text document for reference later.

This will likely be a few steps process in removing the malware that has infected your system. I encourage you to stick with it and follow my directions as closely as possible so as to avoid complicating the problem further.

Firstly, have you looked at this thread:

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

If not, have a look and do all it says, then post a fresh HijackThis log :)

If you have, then can you post a fresh HijackThis log anyway :)

=========

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Regards

eddie

eddie5659

eddie5659

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,980 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.