Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Referred]Request AdawareSE log file review

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Are you still having problems?

Advertisements

tyro2

tyro2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I downloaded Trojan Hunter and ran a full scan as suggested however it did not find the VBS_STARTPAGE.N like was found by Trendmicro. Is there any way to use the Trendmicro?

tyro2

tyro2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I just ran active scan from pandasoftware and seems to have the same virus(?) that trendmicro found but then renamed it(?): VBS/Inor.AF. One instance was C:\ntdetect.hta and another was C:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup\microsoft windows.hta. It sent a message that it could not remove it but has apparently renamed it because now at boot up I receive a message from windows that it cannot open the file Microsoft Windows_hta.vir where I previously got a warning from my AV that there was malicious script. Please tell me what I need to do now.

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Please follow the instructions located in Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log. Post your HJT log as a reply to this thread, which has been relocated to the Malware Removal Forum for providing you with further assistance.

Kindly note that it is very busy in the Malware Removal Forum, so there may be a delay in receiving a reply. Please also note that HJT logfiles are reviewed on a first come/first served basis.

tyro2

tyro2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks again for all of your help. I hoping that the problem is now cured. As I mentioned earlier when I ran the Panda Activescan it said that it couldn't delete the .hta files that it found but it did rename them. I subsequently deleted the renamed files myself (ntdetect_hta.vir was ntdetect.hta and Microsoft Windows_hta.vir was Microsoft Window.hta). I then rebooted and my AV no longer reports a Malicous Script when I bootup. Everything seems to be normal so far. Would you recommend further testing?