Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer keeps loging off after i login.!

• Please log in to reply

vectorsss

vectorsss

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have read and done everything this thread says to do.
http://www.geekstogo...Off-t15771.html

But it hasn't solved my problem.

Please help me

Advertisements

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
please can someone help.

All my research points to the same solution to fix the problem but it doesn't work. I can reinstall windows but i'm scared that my files will go. And i don't have a backup system on my pc (sh*t). Should i take the HDD to another pc and back the files up then reinstall windows?

I'm not a computer expert. But i have spent 4 1/2 hours trying to research how to fix the problem. jus cant find the right information. Which i could have spent working. So frustrating.

Safe mode does the same thing in admin and my account. Logs in flashes the desktop wallpaper and then logs off.

HELP =(

Edited by vectorsss, 28 May 2008 - 03:21 AM.

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Why wont anyone help?

I've tryed this

copy D:\I386\USERINIT.EX_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe

and this

copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

bionomics

bionomics

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What specifically happens? Are you logged off after a set amount of time? Immediately? Is the problem consistent, that is, can you predict how it will behave, or are you experiencing random logoffs?

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

What specifically happens? Are you logged off after a set amount of time? Immediately? Is the problem consistent, that is, can you predict how it will behave, or are you experiencing random logoffs?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem described in the link i provided but the solutions listed don't fix it.

I'll explain it again to get a fresh start.

First of all, when everything was going fine. A trogan virus found its way into my system...It tried to make me buy a boagas anti virus program to stop it. You know how it is.

Well...I ran ad-aware, AGV and whatnot to get rid of it. It worked to an extent. The only thing it did after that was have a pop up saying to download a virus scanner every second time i loaded a page in explorer. even browsing c:/ drive.

So i ran virus check again and it found more files. they where in the system. so i accepted it to fix the files. It did, so i restarted. computer loaded up and as soon as it logged in flashed my desktop wallpaper and logged out. Every time i click log in, it will flash the wallpaper and log back out again.

Please ask as many questions as you can to get my computer running again.

Thanks

Just trying this

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;307545

Edited by vectorsss, 28 May 2008 - 08:54 PM.

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
OK news is. Back to a point where i can log in but nothing loads up on the desktop. I can get the task manager up.
So i can use the options in that and "run" is one of them. This was the case before I did the second virus check.

OK, i clicked run. and i typed c:\documents and settings
and clicked run

The desktop has loaded up.

So i can use the computer. but errors appear. these errors are.

RUNDLL32.exe Failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)
and about 10 times after that every time i click ok.

cmd.exe Failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)

Soon as i logged in spybot asked me if i wanted to delete files again, i denied all of them.

So my computer is at the point of it logs in, but noting on the desktop but the wallpaper.

Only way to get everything up is if i run a document in c:/ though task manager

Edited by vectorsss, 28 May 2008 - 10:02 PM.

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
back to square 1,

first restart. login loops straight back to loging off.

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was thinking that my virus program is blocking files preventing me from logging in.

The problem is happening in all modes, and admin safe mode too.

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Getting impatient with this Fuc*ing thing.

And i'm talking to myself. Have i stumped everyone?

Edited by vectorsss, 29 May 2008 - 01:23 AM.

vectorsss

vectorsss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok nobody can help.

I'll just have to do a home edition repair install. which is stupid. wish i had pro