Core Adware and Virtumonde [CLOSED]
Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:52 PM
Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:50 PM
I am Thunderbird1988 and I am going to fix your malwareproblems. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
The best thing you can do is transfer the tools to your infected machine using a USB-stick or a cd.
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe From another computer. Then transfer it to your infected computer.
- Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Save the los by clicking "File > Save" and transfer it to a computer with internet acces.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:50 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users