Sherdog infection [CLOSED]
Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:57 PM
Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:23 AM
Welcome to GeeksToGo. My name is RatHat, and I will help you get through the process of cleaning the malware from your computer.
OK firstly, I need you to print out each post I make so that you can refer to it while we fix your computer. This is because there will be times when you are unable to be online to read my instructions, and I will want you to do everything very carefully. I also need you to follow my instructions in the order that they are given. If however, you cannot carry out one of them, please continue on with the next and let me know what you were unsuccessful with. Please ensure you turn off word wrap in Notepad. To do this, open Notepad, choose Format, then Un-check Word Wrap. (Word Wrap makes reading your log difficult).
Next, I would like to make sure that you can view hidden files and folders;
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading SELECT Show hidden files and folders.
- UNCHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
- UNCHECK the Hide extensions for known file types option.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
- Close all other windows before proceeding.
- Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
- When it has finished, DSS will open two Notepad files: main.txt and extra.txt
- Use Save As to save both Notepad files to your Desktop and post them in your next reply.
So in your next reply, please include the following logs:
- The contents of DSS main.txt
- The contents of DSS extra.txt
Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:37 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users