Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting flash video files to mp3 or wma files. i need to try to bur

• Please log in to reply

deathcry

deathcry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey everybody, is there any way to convert flash video files to mp3 or wma files. i need to try to burn them in nero essentials 7 but i dont it supports flash files. any help would be appreciated and thanks.

Edited by deathcry, 28 May 2008 - 08:10 PM.

Advertisements

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I have a freeware that can convert any flash videos to a lot of formats and i think it can extract as a wav file i my guest is that you first gotta convert to another file like .avi and then you can extract it to wav but that just a guest i've never use the program to extract sound only to convert files here is the sites program http://www.winnydows.com/news.php
Tomorow i will check with a .flv file in my other computer( here is 2:51am).
Also i suggest if you downloaded from youtube their is this site to download in youtube as mp4 (Only went the vid is in both .flv & .mp4) with http://keepvid.com/

rossmart34

rossmart34

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi.

I use the AVS Video Converter from avs4u.com This is not freeware; you pay about 30 dollars and get a one year subscription to about 50 programs for video, audio, streaming and capturing. This is the program I use for converting flv video to avi or wmv. It supports/converts to: mp4, mov, avi, swf, mpeg, rm, 3gp, and wmv.

I recently started using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b but haven't had any success converting flv to another format. I have to look and see if it supports this.

Sone Vegas Pro is the absolute best for making videos to post on a site like YouTube or LiveLeak. If you do a search on YouTube and find Sony Vegas, you will see the videos made by Mr. Safety--you will be amazed at the video and audio quality. Sony Vegas is not freeware and costs about 500 dollars but, you can get a 30, free trial of the software.

Edited by rossmart34, 04 June 2008 - 03:56 PM.