Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aurora removal help needed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I talked to the computer owner, and yes he accidentally restarted it between Thursday and Friday. However, the first time I went through those steps, it was not restarted. Also, it is beeing left on from the at least the time of my last post until I go back over there tomorrow. It was only rebooted into safe mode. And I proceeded along as you specifically stated. Will wait for your reply before I do anything else with that computer. Now off to post on the problem on this (my personal) :tazz: computer.

EDITED: I also was wondering if the fact that there are two logons for that computer and if that might be part of the problem? It does appear that both of them got infected. Hope this wasn't something I should have mentioned earlier. Also, when I reboot in safe mode it gives me those two choices for log in as well as an administrator....perhaps choosing the administrator account was the part I did wrong???

Edited by ShoalBear, 29 April 2005 - 10:52 PM.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
OK, I suggest giving me a new set of logs when you get there then. This fix must be done without any restarts or shutdowns, otherwise the filename just changes.

You should login to a account with administrative rights. So in safe mode, it should be the default Administrator account. When you login to safe mode, you are doing it for the fixes right and not posting the logs? Just want to make sure because we need the logs to be done in normal mode.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Alright, here is what I did. I restarted the computer right now. Then I ran a HJT and a Find-It. I will post both logs here and wait for your instructions, with the computer still running. The only time I have restarted in the past is when I reboot into safe mode to do the removals on the admin account as directed. Then after I reboot to normal mode and redo the HJT and Find-It, and then post the logs.

I think starting from fresh this morning is the way to go :tazz:

Here is the HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:42:30 AM, on 5/1/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssCli.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
c:\windows\system32\qhphajd.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssSrv.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hometab.bellsouth.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = www.google.com
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: BolgerObj Class - {302A3240-4805-4a34-97D7-1645A0B08410} - C:\WINDOWS\Bolger.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKDetct.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "C:\Program Files\Support.com\BellSouth\hcenter.exe" /starthidden /tgcmdwrapper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_AntiSpyware] c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssCli.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ngtfmsq] c:\windows\system32\qhphajd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Cribbage - http://download.game...nts/y/it1_x.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Dominoes - http://download.game...ts/y/dot8_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalci...illama/ampx.cab
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Real-Time Scanner (McAfeeAntiSpyware) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - Networks Associates Technology. Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe

And now the Find-its log:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Sun 05/01/2005
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, THERE MIGHT BE LEGIT FILES LISTED AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE FIXING. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Todo Files found »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» aurora Files found »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Suspect's »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Dont delete file's in the section without guidance
If any doubt back them up first

* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\System32\QHPHAJD.EXE
* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\ATNDFL~1.EXE
* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\NAIL.EXE
* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\SVCPROC.EXE

* Sniffed C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRPMON.DLL
»»»»» lagitamate file's can/will show in this section.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Buddy file's »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
* buddy C:\WINDOWS\ATNDFL~1.EXE

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SAHAgent Files found »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Misc checks »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»» Checking Windir\svcproc.exe and nail.exe.

svcproc.exe
Nail.exe
»»»»» Checking for System32\DrPMon.dll.

DrPMon.dll
»»»»» Check for Windows\SYSTEM32\cache32_rtneg* folder.

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is F45A-D4B5

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

»»»»» Checking for SAHAgent ico files.

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\aurora

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bolger

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\BolgerDll.BolgerDllObj
<NO NAME> REG_SZ Bolger Functional Class

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{302A3240-4805-4a34-97D7-1645A0B08410}
<NO NAME> REG_SZ BolgerObj Class

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{BB0D5ADC-028D-4185-9288-722DDCE2C757}
<NO NAME> REG_SZ IBolgerDllObj

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{92DAF5C1-2135-4E0C-B7A0-259ABFCD3904}

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon
Driver REG_SZ DrPMon.dll

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon
Driver REG_SZ DrPMon.dll

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
OK, bad mistake on my part, so I apologize. Need to clear my head LOL. Don't reboot into Safe Mode. I should have caught my mistake earlier. We will have to delete them in normal mode.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Download KillBox http://www.greyknigh...spy/KillBox.exe. Don't run it yet.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download CleanUp! http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ (Alternate Link if main link don't work - http://www.greyknigh...spy/Cleanup.exe ) and install it. Don't run it yet.

Go to Start->Run and type in cmd and hit OK. Then type in the following (hit Enter after each line):

cd windows
nail.exe /FullRemove
exit

Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit and hit OK. Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup. While in the Registry Editor, navigate to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete aurora

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete Bolger

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and delete BolgerDll.BolgerDllObj

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ and delete {302A3240-4805-4a34-97D7-1645A0B08410}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\ and delete {BB0D5ADC-028D-4185-9288-722DDCE2C757}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\ and delete {92DAF5C1-2135-4E0C-B7A0-259ABFCD3904}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon Driver and delete DrPMon.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon Driver and delete DrPMon.dll

If any of the above registry keys are giving you problems deleting, right click on them and click on Permissions. Then click on the Advanced button. Make sure the first box (Inherit from parent...) is checked. Click OK and OK. Then try deleting the entry again. Once you're done, close the Registry Editor.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O2 - BHO: BolgerObj Class - {302A3240-4805-4a34-97D7-1645A0B08410} - C:\WINDOWS\Bolger.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ngtfmsq] c:\windows\system32\qhphajd.exe

Run KillBox and check the box that says 'End Explorer Shell While Killing File'. Next click on 'Delete on Reboot'. For each of the following files below, check the box that says 'Unregister .dll Before Deleting' if it's not grayed out. Copy and paste each of the following into KillBox (hitting the X button for each file - choose NO when it asks if you want to reboot):

C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Bolger.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ATNDFL~1.EXE
c:\windows\svcproc.exe
c:\windows\System32\DrPMon.dll

Run CleanUp! and click on CleanUp! button. When it asks you if you want to logoff, click on Yes.

Reboot into Normal Mode run a new HijackThis scan. Save the log file and post it here along with a new FindIt log.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
OK...had a few problems...and worst of all guess what just popped up when I came here??? :tazz:

First off the file c:\windows\system32\qhphajd.exe was not only listed, but listed twice. It couldn't find it when I tired to kill it the second time.

Then, I found the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and delete BolgerDll.BolgerDllObj but I also saw a HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and delete BolgerDll.BolgerDllObj.1 file? Don't know if that is important, nor what it means.

The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon Driver and delete DrPMon.dll did not exist at all.

And then when I ran HJT and was to fix O2 - BHO: BolgerObj Class - {302A3240-4805-4a34-97D7-1645A0B08410} - C:\WINDOWS\Bolger.dll it was not listed this way, the BolgerObj Class part read No File and so the the .dll part.

The O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ngtfmsq] c:\windows\system32\qhphajd.exe did not exist.

Finally, and this really kicked me in the shorts, when I ran the CleanUp! it totally bombed out on me after running for a bit and I got that message that the program has encountered a problem and do I want to report it to MS, I said no and tried to run it again, but instantly got the same message.

So I rebooted, as if it had run ok, ran a new HJT and FindIt and here are those logs.....
Scan saved at 12:47:14 PM, on 5/1/2005

Running processes:
c:\windows\system32\lkeqxv.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hometab.bellsouth.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = www.google.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKDetct.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "C:\Program Files\Support.com\BellSouth\hcenter.exe" /starthidden /tgcmdwrapper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eqsenct] c:\windows\system32\lkeqxv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalci...illama/ampx.cab
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Real-Time Scanner (McAfeeAntiSpyware) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\MssSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - Networks Associates Technology. Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe

and FindIt:

The current date is: Sun 05/01/2005
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, THERE MIGHT BE LEGIT FILES LISTED AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE FIXING. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.

* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\System32\LKEQXV.EXE
* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\SVCPROC.EXE

svcproc.exe

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

Driver REG_SZ DrPMon.dll

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

Driver REG_SZ DrPMon.dll

**Edited**
Must go now, will return Tuesday, have finals tomorrow. Will tell owner to leave computer running and not restart between now and then.

Edited by ShoalBear, 01 May 2005 - 01:21 PM.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to Start->Run and type in cmd and hit OK. Then type in the following (hit Enter after each line):

cd windows
nail.exe /FullRemove
exit

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit and hit OK. Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup. While in the Registry Editor, navigate to the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon Driver and delete DrPMon.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Monitors\ZepMon Driver and delete DrPMon.dll

If any of the above registry keys are giving you problems deleting, right click on them and click on Permissions. Then click on the Advanced button. Make sure the first box (Inherit from parent...) is checked. Click OK and OK. Then try deleting the entry again. Once you're done, close the Registry Editor.

Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

c:\windows\system32\lkeqxv.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eqsenct] c:\windows\system32\lkeqxv.exe

Run KillBox and check the box that says 'End Explorer Shell While Killing File'. Next click on 'Delete on Reboot'. For each of the following files below, check the box that says 'Unregister .dll Before Deleting' if it's not grayed out. Copy and paste each of the following into KillBox (hitting the X button for each file - choose NO when it asks if you want to reboot):

C:\WINDOWS\System32\LKEQXV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SVCPROC.EXE

Run CleanUp again and see if it still gives you errors.

Reboot into Normal Mode run a new HijackThis scan. Save the log file and post it here.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Run CleanUp again and see if it still gives you errors. It did give me an error again....so just moved onto the next step

Reboot into Normal Mode run a new HijackThis scan.  Save the log file and post it here.

View Post

Here is the new HJT log file....And I seem to still be nailed but good! :tazz:

Scan saved at 9:54:50 AM, on 5/3/2005

Running processes:
c:\windows\system32\xdsvdi.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [rjalmxl] c:\windows\system32\xdsvdi.exe

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I have to ask again, just to confirm. Did you restart or shutdown before doing the fixes? I try to remember not to ask you to shutdown before you do the fixes.

OK, give me a new FindIt log and the following also:

Download and install CleanUp http://cleanup.stevengould.org/
Download KillBox http://www.atribune....ads/KillBox.exe
Download rkfiles http://skads.org/special/rkfiles.zip and unzip the contents to a new folder on your desktop.

Download the remv3.zip at http://forums.skads....hp?showtopic=80 (look for the attachment posted in that second reply). Make a new folder on the root drive C:\ and unzip remv3.zip files into it.

Go to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing/visible also.

Run CleanUp program now and logoff.

REBOOT TO SAFE MODE. These tools MUST be run in safe mode!
Once in safe mode, double click rkfiles.bat file to run it. It will scan for a while, so please be patient. Wait until the DOS window closes. Open the C:\log.txt it created and rename it log1.txt.

Now open the folder where you saved remv3.zip files and double click the rem.bat file and let it run. It will delete the files and remove the infection and then make a log of the files it finds. The log file will be C:\log.txt and bad1.txt

**Note** Each tool uses log.txt as it’s output file so make sure you save the entries from one tools log before running the other as it will overwrite the file if you don’t.

Reboot back to normal mode and post the contents of both the log.txt and log1.txt in your next post.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
No...no restart or shutdown from when I posted the HJT & Find-It to you until the instructions you posted said to reboot to normal. :tazz: For right now, here is the current Find-It log and I will start the other steps while you look at it.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Looks like I beat ya back here :tazz: The CleanUp program bombed on me yet again. I just get that error reporting box...so I have NO clue what is up with that.
Did the rest ok. Here is Log1.txt from the rkfiles.bat

C:\Documents and Settings\richard rutherford\Desktop\rkfiles

Files Found in system Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cajsir.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAwGpEc213

Files Found in all users startup Folder............
------------------------
Files Found in all users windows Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\atndflmgy.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe: UPX!
Finished
bye

And now the log file from remv3:

Files Found.................
----------------------------------------

Files Not deleted.................

Merging registry entries
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Registry Entries Found...

Other bad files to be Manually deleted.. Please note that this might also list legit Files, be careful while deleting

msi.dll
Finished

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
OK, since CleanUp is giving you trouble, just uninstall it. Get this cleaner instead. Has a nice name to it to (take a look LOL).

Go to Start->Run and type in services.msc and hit OK. Then look for Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) and double click on it. Click on the Stop button and under Startup type, choose Disabled.

cd windows
nail.exe /FullRemove
exit

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit and hit OK. Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup. While in the Registry Editor, navigate to the following (fix whatever applies, if it's not there just skip it):

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cajsir.exe
C:\WINDOWS\atndflmgy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe

Run CCleaner. Restart. Give me a new log for HijackThis, FindIts, remv3 and rkfiles - all together in your next reply. I want to see all of them.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

OK, since CleanUp is giving you trouble, just uninstall it.  Get this cleaner instead.  Has a nice name to it to (take a look LOL).

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad.  Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below.  If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.  You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to Start->Run and type in services.msc and hit OK.  Then look for Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) and double click on it.  Click on the Stop button and under Startup type, choose Disabled.

Go to Start->Run and type in cmd and hit OK.  Then type in the following (hit Enter after each line):

cd windows
nail.exe /FullRemove
exit

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit and hit OK.  Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup.  While in the Registry Editor, navigate to the following (fix whatever applies, if it's not there just skip it):

If any of the above registry keys are giving you problems deleting, right click on them and click on Permissions.  Then click on the Advanced button.  Make sure the first box (Inherit from parent...) is checked.  Click OK and OK.  Then try deleting the entry again.  Once you're done, close the Registry Editor.

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager.  Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

Run a scan in HijackThis.  Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cajsir.exe

Run CCleaner.  Restart.  Give me a new log for HijackThis, FindIts, remv3 and rkfiles - all together in your next reply.  I want to see all of them.

View Post

OK on almost all this....just to be sure before I start....last time you said to run remv3 and rkfiles in Safe Mode only. So.....restart in safe mode and run those two and then restart in normal mode and run HJT and FI??

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Yes, that's correct. Should be more clear next time.

After you are done with the fixes, restart first. Run HijackThis and then boot into safe mode to run rkfiles, remv3 and FindIts.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Yes, that's correct.  Should be more clear next time.

After you are done with the fixes, restart first.  Run HijackThis and then boot into safe mode to run rkfiles, remv3 and FindIts.

View Post

:tazz: I swear I am not trying to be difficult.....but....this is the first time you are having me run findits in safe mode. Just want to be sure I don't garfarckle this up. ;)

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
My notes in RED. Also, I rebooted to normal mode after running the RK Remv3 & FI in Safe Mode. Had to so I could get to the internet to post ;)

OK, since CleanUp is giving you trouble, just uninstall it.  Get this cleaner instead.  Has a nice name to it to (take a look LOL).

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad.  Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below.  If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.  You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to Start->Run and type in services.msc and hit OK.  Then look for Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) and double click on it.  Click on the Stop button and under Startup type, choose Disabled. This was all already done

Go to Start->Run and type in cmd and hit OK.  Then type in the following (hit Enter after each line):

cd windows
nail.exe /FullRemove
exit

Go to Start->Run and type in regedit and hit OK.  Go to File->Export and save the registry somewhere as a backup.  While in the Registry Editor, navigate to the following (fix whatever applies, if it's not there just skip it):

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and delete BolgerDll.BolgerDllObj There was also a BolgerDll.BolgerDllObj.1 so I got rid of that puppy too!

This was not there, so I moved onto next step

If any of the above registry keys are giving you problems deleting, right click on them and click on Permissions.  Then click on the Advanced button.  Make sure the first box (Inherit from parent...) is checked.  Click OK and OK.  Then try deleting the entry again.  Once you're done, close the Registry Editor.

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager.  Select the following and click 'Kill process' for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check):

c:\windows\system32\xdsvdi.exe  You were right, this was not there

Run a scan in HijackThis.  Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

This did not exist

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cajsir.exe Did not exist
C:\WINDOWS\Bolger.dll  Access Denied, was not able to delete this file
Did not exist

Run CCleaner.  Restart.  Give me a new log for HijackThis, FindIts, remv3 and rkfiles - all together in your next reply.  I want to see all of them.

View Post

Now here comes my logs:

HJT first:

Scan saved at 10:27:55 AM, on 5/4/2005

Running processes:
c:\windows\system32\giqoak.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ondmnye] c:\windows\system32\bgixibs.exe

RKFiles next:
C:\Documents and Settings\richard rutherford\Desktop\rkfiles

Files Found in system Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ohjzaf.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAwGpEc213

Files Found in all users startup Folder............
------------------------
Files Found in all users windows Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\atndflmgy.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe: UPX!
Finished
bye

Now for Remv3:

Files Found.................

Files Not deleted.................

Merging registry entries
The Registry Entries Found...

Other bad files to be Manually deleted.. Please note that this might also list legit Files, be careful while deleting

msi.dll
Finished

And finally FindIts

The current date is: Wed 05/04/2005

* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\System32\OHJZAF.EXE
* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\ATNDFL~1.EXE
* UPX! C:\WINDOWS\NAIL.EXE

* Sniffed C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRPMON.DLL

* buddy C:\WINDOWS\ATNDFL~1.EXE

Nail.exe

DrPMon.dll

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

**Edited** :tazz: ;)

P.S. Aurora is stil rearing her ugly head

Edited by ShoalBear, 04 May 2005 - 01:44 PM.